Monday, April 6, 2009

Led Zep in the CSI Sunday School

A long time ago when I was a Sunday School teacher, I had to teach something to my kids for the Anniversary program. So I decided to write up a song with the tune I really liked. The song was called, "A Stairway to Heaven" and I did not know who sung it. I loved the tune but did not know or could not figure out the words (this was long before Googling). In any case it reminded me about the vision of Joseph's ladder which he saw while running away from home.


I thought it appropriate to put this vision into words to this tune. Then I played the song to the children but they were not too enthusiatic about the song and about my being able to teach them. So they abandoned it and instead chose a song of their own to present.


Reading this made for a really interesting read of the history of that song.

No comments: