Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sanctification or the price of aging

(thank you John Camp. Read the whole quote here)

Gerhard Forde on Sanctification:
from "Christian Spirituality"--(pp. 31-32)

.. Well, maybe it seems as though I sin less, but that may only be because
I'm getting tired! It's just too hard to keep indulging the lusts of youth. Is
that sanctification? I wouldn't think so! One should not, I expect, mistake
encroaching senility for sanctification! "But can it be, perhaps, that it is
precisely the unconditional gift of grace that helps me to see and admit all
that? I hope so. The grace of God should lead us to see the truth about
ourselves, and to gain a certain lucidity, a certain humor, a certain
down-to-earthness."

I can really understand this, especially since August 2006 when suddenly I had an M.I.

No comments: