Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Boar’s Head Tavern

At Boar Head Tavern Mark Nikirk here: asys

"As stopped relying on Him to fix my problems, keep my family safe, and make all my infertile friends have babies, I had a frightening realization: I had always relied on God to produce results, now I was going to have to trust not in His results, but in the process of Him working in me. That’s harder, much harder. Instead of my friends becoming fertile, I was going to have to learn to be a comforting friend. Instead of my family having a ‘hedge of protection’ around them, I was going to have to grapple with death and violence. I was going to have to learn to let Him be strong in my weakness…argh."

"Argh.. indeed!" I have to loose control and let the flowering of his sanctification (not sure if this is the right word) which may not always look, feel or be beautiful for me.

No comments: